- Organic Compound
- 0 to 14
- SODIUM IODIDE , ACETONE
- 267.84 g/mol
- 3.32 g/cm Gram per cubic centimeter(g/cm3)
- Because of its high density, diiodomethane is used in the determination of the density of mineral and other solid samples. It can also be used as an optical contact liquid, in conjunction with the gemmological refractometer, for determining the refractive index of certain gemstones.
- insoluble in water, soluble in ether and alcohol.
- 4 Years
- 181 C
- Room Temperature
- CLEAR YELLOW COLORED LIQUID
We have received immense appreciation from our clients for manufacturing and supplying Diiodomethane (Methylene Iodide). It is a colorless liquid which is used in the determination of mineral density and as a contact liquid in detection of refractive index of some gemstones. This compound is formulated by reducing idoform with elemental phosphorus or sodium arsenite. It also serves as a free radical methylene reagent in Simmons-Smith reaction. Diiodomethane (Methylene Iodide) liberates iodine when exposed to light.
Also used as a probe solvent in the measurement of polymer surfaces hydrophilicity
May be required in preparation of cyclopropyl ketones
Contains copper as a stabilizer
- Cash Advance (CA), Cash in Advance (CID)
- Contact us for information regarding our sample policy
- HDPE CARBOYS
- Asia, Australia, Central America, North America, South America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Middle East, Africa
- All India
Plot-No.3045, 3124/25 GIDC-Panoli, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, 394116, India